The Shakespeare School CELTA application process is designed with three aims in mind:
1. All interested trainees must complete the application form. There is NO application fee. If you are not able to successfully download the application form, you can request an application form via email (as a word document). To ensure that you receive our emails promptly, please add [email protected] to your Allowed Emails list.
2. After reviewing your application, a member of our enrollment team will follow up by email and send you an assignment called the Pre-Interview Task. This task is a series of language and teaching activities designed to give trainees an idea of what the course is all about.
3. Once we have received your Pre-Interview Task, we will schedule a time for an interview that is convenient for you. Most interviews are conducted via Skype. In-person interviews are only available at our Bucharest location.
4. The interview is a chance for you to speak to an experienced CELTA trainer. The trainer will discuss your work from the Pre-Interview Task to gain a better understanding of your potential for English Language Teaching. The interview also provides an opportunity to speak with an enrollment advisor about the enrollment process and financial assistance options.
5. After acceptance, you must pay a 400 pounds enrollment deposit to confirm your place on the course of your choice (subject to availability—given on a first-come, first-served basis).
6. The remainder of your course fee (less the enrollment deposit) is due no later than six weeks before the beginning of the course. (Please see: Course Fees& Dates for more details.)
Please keep in mind that the entire process for applying for the CELTA courses 2020 takes some time, and that the places are limited, so it is advisable to apply early.
Need some help with the application for the CELTA course? Feel free to contact us for more information!
“This course will be really useful when I go back to school and I hope my students will benefit from all I have learned.”
Marta J., Spain
“Although very intense, the CELTA course has to be where I have learned the most about teaching.”
Diana Graur, Romania
“I honestly can’t imagine teaching without the knowledge I’ve gained through the CELTA training.”
Ramona Ivan, Romania